Innovate Long Island is proud to announce the winners of its fifth annual Innovator of the Year awards. The list will include multiple awardees in technology, clean energy, health science/medical devices, invention and craft food & beverage. Two special categories – no boundaries and student innovation – hold especially outstanding award winners.
The 2020 program recognizes an impressive cross-section of aspiring young inventors, successful startups and big thinkers.
Herewith, the first flight of awardees:
- WEBAIR, booked another busy year staying a step ahead of cybercriminals and expanding global operations. Big moves include a lucrative new deal with AVANT Communications
- Hoplite Power, a client of Stony Brook University’s Clean Energy Business Incubation Program, which provides smartphone “charge-sharing” battery pack hubs
- Qunnect, a client of Stony Brook University’s Clean Energy Business Incubation Program, which is using light-matter interfaces at room-temperatures to securely store and transfer information
- SuperClean Glass, a client of Stony Brook University’s Clean Energy Business Incubation Program, with self-cleaning technology using electrodes to keep solar panels clear of dust
- Marc Alessi, executive director of the Business Incubator Association of New York, director of the Tesla Science Center at Wardenclyffe and quite possibly the hardest working man in Long Island innovation
- Irwin Pearl and Tom Williams, seventy-something founders of Sleep BioLogics, got their hands on an Italian patent and started manufacturing physician-prescribed, chemical-free compressed mattresses
Join us as we celebrate Long Island’s best and brightest ideas at the fifth annual Innovator of the Year Awards, March 24 at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury. The morning begins with registration and networking at 8 a.m., followed by continental breakfast and the awards ceremony, with everything wrapped up by 10 a.m.
Award recipients will be profiled on the Innovate Long Island website and in a special print supplement distributed at the event. Sponsorship opportunities are available HERE.
Contact Marlene McDonnell with questions via email@example.com.
The Innovator of the Year Awards program is made possible each year by the continued support of Innovate LI’s sponsors
Hofstra University | Farrell Fritz, PC | Long Island Business Development Council | NYIT Nixon Peabody | Northwell Health | Sahn Ward Coschignano, PLLC | EisnerAmper | Ruskin Moscou Faltischek PC | SUNY Old Westbury | Farmingdale State College | Webair Town of Islip Economic Development | Stony Brook University Economic Development | Bridgeworks | Law Offices of Andrew Presberg