Long Island’s Healthiest Company program honors businesses committed to making employee health a top priority through workplace health and wellness programs. Through these programs, today’s health-conscious companies are investing not only in the strength of their business’ future but the futures of employees and their families.
Benefits of Applying
Innovate Long Island recognition programs celebrate the achievements of the region’s most innovative and forward-thinking companies and individuals. Award winners are growth-minded leaders who possess a passion for excellence that benefits their clients, their industries and their communities.
Each Healthiest Company honoree will be profiled along with their photos on the Innovate Long Island website in a special event section. Healthiest Company sponsors benefit from pre-event marketing as well as day of event recognition.
Healthiest Company award winners will celebrate and network with their peers at a high-energy awards ceremony dedicated to honoring their achievements and building connections to the business community.
APPLICATION PROCESS & CRITERIA
There is no cost to apply. Candidates will receive notification that their nomination has been received and is under review, along with a reminder to check your calendar/schedule for possible conflicts with the event date. Upon selection, candidates will be asked to confirm award acceptance and attendance. As an awardee, we will anticipate your presence at the event to accept your award. If there is a schedule conflict, the candidate’s application will be held until the next award program.
We define a wellness program as an approach to care that emphasizes preventing illness and prolonging life; a workplace effort designed to encourage healthier lifestyles by giving individuals biometric, fitness, nutrition and other health-related educational advice and support.
Nomination categories apply to companies, schools, colleges and universities, hospitals, and not-for-profit organizations. There will be multiple awardees in each category.
1,500 to 4,999 employees
500 to 1,499 employees
100 to 499 employees
5 to 99 employees
- Companies must be headquartered on Long Island in Nassau or Suffolk County.
- Companies must have a minimum of 5 employees.
- Applicants must have specific, tangible wellness programs and wellness initiatives in place.
- Select the category for which you will submit a nomination.
- Details in your nomination document should include the name and physical address of the company, the name of company executive (president/CEO) and the name of HR or administrative office representative, if applicable.
- State the reason your company decided to create a wellness program/initiative and the date your program/initiative was started.
- Tell us about your company’s wellness program, being sure to include how you engage employees and how you measure each program’s effectiveness. Describe the program in detail including information such as your health-promoting policies, opportunities available to employees at the workplace or through outside organizations to begin, change or maintain health behaviors (example: smoking cessation help or gym membership), or environmental supports that help protect and enhance employee health (example: walking areas for weight loss or dedicated areas for smokers away from non-smokers).
- You may submit a photo(s) of your program in use by employees (optional).
- Nomination material should be in the form of a WORD document sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submit photos to the same email address.
All nominations should include the name, job title, company, email address and daytime phone number for the NOMINATOR (please include information for additional contact such as secretary, assistant, marketing dept. etc).
An independent committee of local health and business leaders will select awardees based on the information submitted in the nomination.
Awardees will be recognized at a breakfast program on Wednesday, September 13, at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury. The morning begins with registration and networking at 8 a.m. and will conclude by 10 a.m.
Nomination/Application Deadline: June 16
Award Date: September 13
Send applications to: email@example.com
For information on submitting a nomination, sponsorship opportunities and attending the event contact Marlene McDonnell at 516-314-8982 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Long Island’s Healthiest Company is an Innovate Long Island event
Produced by EventWorxx